- Had some static in the section last night as some waif was standing too much and started to sass us when we told her it was okay to sit down.
- I give Chris Bourque 4 or 5 more games before he's a healthy scratch. I'm sure he has some sort of skill, but he's a bit small. I dunno, he's Marchand-size but I don't see him cracking the lineup every night. He missed an empty-netter at the end. Also, a quiet night for Hamilton, I guess that means he didn't screw up, he put a few shots on.
- Lootch was gassed by the end of the anthem. He had to've put on, what, 15 lbs of whale blubber during the off-season? But Horton & Krejci looked good, timing was a half-second off for everyone, legs of concrete for at least the first period, but things just started to click by the end.
- Back-to-back fights, a la the Stars game, Rupp vs. Thornton and Bickel vs. Soupy. Soupy throws his punches so hard he ends up twisting himself into the rink with his own momentum. Rupp vs. Thornton was a pretty even match despite Rupp having 3 or 4 inches on Thornton. Thornton compensated with several jersey-jabs, two of which connected.
- Boychuk goal on Bergy screen, don't think Lundqvist saw it.
- Brandon Prust plays for MTL now, should be good, as MTL struggles to toughen up their team, yet they're so bad they even lost to TOR last night. MTL is sad these days. Not complaining here.
- Paille had a good game last night, had a burr in his saddle or something, I dunno. Skating with speed and purpose. Too bad he can't finish.
- Torts & Schoenfeld as Rangers coaches, I wonder which one shouts louder and more often?
Sunday, January 20, 2013
Bruins win, 3-1 over the Rangers last night.
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
Okay kids we're about 30 minutes away from the sold-out scrimmage at the Gahden. Most of 311 won't make it, something about the game being sold out before I could even log on. The folks, they love the free shit. New composition interface here at blogger to write substandard posts. Things will look better while having the same horrible content.
- Before the hockey content, lemme just say that the following things must come to an end:
- Anything to do with zombies
- Anything to do with vampires
- Anything that suggests that nerds are cool
- People who laugh at the "jokes" on The Big Bang Theory. If you're laughing at anything having to do with quantum anything, you're a shithead.
- "having said that" and "that being said"
- Gresh and Zo. How much coke does Zo do before each show/game? he's the real reason why Gil Santos is retiring.
- Fred Toucher trying to talk anything about sports. And fer chrissake, how about a caged death match between Toucher and Wallach? It's pretty obvious they hate each other. Ratings gold right there.
- On with the show. seriously, what's the deal with Tim Thomas? He's been playing hockey all his life, apparently loves the game, then decides to take a year off in the prime of his career? Ship him off to the Avs where he can work on his Doomsday Prepper water filtration devices.
- Bruins aren't mailing us season ticket holders any tickets or packages that play "zombie nation" when we open the box. We have to print out our tickets from online. I should get a credit for that, yah?
- So yeah, I'm getting 3% APR on my balance along with a frozen ticket price for next season (worth bucks there, esp. if they're good this year).
- This post sucks but stay tuned for later this week where I offer my terrible predictions/projections for the season.