- The injuries to Seidenjesus and Quaider pretty much ensure that we're going to have to endure a few more games of Corvo. Corvo was in today, and even if he makes mistakes that everyone else would make, or if the puck just happens to bounce badly while he's on the ice, I blame him. Because I can.
- Row 9 pedo was shown in the stands during the Islander game. He was incognito. He was carting around his sign like it's Linus' blanket. Actually, Jack Edwards made a Linus/blanket reference during the game with one of Turco's saves. It didn't make sense.
- Chris Kelly should win the 7th player award. Seguin will probably win it because of the teen girls stuffing the ballot box, the high-pitched screams/shrieks as he thanks his girlfriend, but it should really go to Kelly. Anchoring the 3rd line, putting up 20 goals, not sucking - c'mon, folks. Chris Kelly for 7th player. You know I'm right.
- Watching Soupy fight is tough. He usually just spins his opponent around, it's like they're going to drill right into the ice. Maybe it's a tactic, to get them dizzy.
- Went to the DCU center to see BC beat UMD, 4-0 last weekend. Amazing how BC fans can't find the time to drive 45 minutes and watch their team play in the frozen four. The place was empty. That's weak.
Saturday, March 31, 2012
Friday, March 9, 2012
Bruins have won 2 straight.
- Disney's released a movie about former Bruins #31 John Carter.
- Blogger's interface is retarded.
- Which was more impressive - Pominville's bomb of a shot, just pure snipe, over TT's shoulder from about 20 feet, or Boychuk's bomb of a shot from behind the faceoff circle on a screened Enroth? Note that Buffalo's got no 'spect, sending their #2 goalie in there to face the Bruins, his first start in a long time.
- Did I imagine it, or did you see the Bruins go knee-on-knee a few times out there? I thought I saw 3 incidents where the B's stuck out a leg after they were beat or faked out.
- Renewed my season tickets yesterday. I finally answered a call from a hyperactive "Jess" (Jessica Denny). I'm on the rent-a-center 10 month payment plan. Used to be, like, $75/month back when the B's sucked (The Age of Isbister). Now it's nearly double that. Plus, I get a signed stick "of my choice" in a few weeks. Probably end up with Joe Corvo, in which case I will burn it, videotape it, youtube that bitch up, it goes viral, and I profit from my rage. Thing is, will I get a wooden Victoriaville stick with one lazy strip of Renfrew on it, or a Reebok A.i.9 all taped up nice and ready for me to destroy?
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Bruins have lost 2 straight.
- Bruins coaching & management continue to punish us by having Corvo start instead of Mottau. I don't know what is up with this. Can't do worse, now, can you? But still, we are subject to the Corvo-osity every night.
- We picked up Turco, pending waivers and all that noise. I thought he was on the NHL Network?
- Wait. Why aren't they starting Mottau?
- Wow, Lane McDermid taking on Mike Rupp on his 1st shift. That takes some brass balls there. Rupp's no weenie, the dude's 6'-5" and probably 400 lbs. And McDermid fared pretty good in the fight, hung on, got some punches in. I wasn't expecting that. But Lootch's beatdown of Prust was fun. I'm not sure if I hate the Rangers or just completely indifferent. I look at a team/franchise that is comprised of perennial chokers. I just think they'll choke again just like every other year (except '94).
- Y'know, there's a reason Mark Mowers is in last place on the NESN game pool there. It's cuz he sucks. But really now, who is his agent to get him this cushy gig at NESN to be the whipping boy? We in 311 used to think he was Dave Lewis' cabana boy. Now it's clear - he is Chiarelli's pool boy.
- Bruins play the Toronto Mighty Ducks tonight. Actually, puck drops in about 5 minutes. Prediction? 5-2 Bruins loss.
Friday, March 2, 2012
B's eke one out vs. the Devils last night, win in OT, 4-3.
- The end of the Corvo era is nigh, kids. Last night, he got the 2nd assist on the Parise goal. I think he was a -2 and Cload let him sit on the bench for awhile. Time to bring in the local boy. Mottau didn't look completely retahded the other day, I say let him get quality minutes vs. the Isles and see how bad it goes. Then never look back. There is a reason that Corvo's been traded about 40 times in the past 2 years. For your consideration: When Corvo's TOI is > 23 minutes, the Bruins are 0-2. When his TOI is > 22 minutes, the Bruins are 3-5. NOW, if his TOI is limited to 16 minutes or less, we are faring much better: The Bruins are 9-3. As a matter of fact, if we can keep Corvo limited to a TOI of 18 minutes or less, the Bruins are 18-5. Dunno about you, but I like them odds - I'm thinking if we can keep his TOI around 0 minutes or less, we'll be undefeated for the rest of the year.
- Rolston still looks a step behind, but now he's playing the role of Old Guy on the Bergy/Marchand line, previously inhabited by Recchi. Now that he actually has something to play for, playing for a team that might actually do something. This is your last shot, Rolston, better make the best of it.