- The other day, a Whaler fan came out from its mom's basement, saw its shadow and ran back downstairs. 6 more weeks of winter.
- Oh yes, 3 fights in 4 seconds. It was headline news, it even made ESPN. Even Chiarelli admitted on T&R admitted today that he enjoyed the fisticuffs. Of course, it was all made sweeter with the quick goals that were scored right afterwards. But it made for the most exciting period of hockey we've had in awhile - 4 fights and 4 goals. And 3 of those fights had KO's as well. On NESN, Milbury was positively aglow, as he spent more time analyzing the fights than the game itself. Said McQuaid's style was reminiscent of old-school Neely fights.
- Nice screen by Kampfer on the goal by Morrow.
- Blown coverage by Seguin on the Skrastins goal. He was caught flat-footed. Plus Seguin missed 2 open net opportunities.
- Paille throws the first check in his life, ends up getting suspended for 4 games and getting fined most of his salary.
- Marchand is establishing himself as the leading candidate for the 7th player award and maybe even the Calder Trophy?
- Zach Hamill was called up to replace Paille, and is probably serving as a tryout in the Marc Savard replacement sweepstakes.
- Now just have to see if the team can build upon these recent wins and stomp the Sharks tomorrow.
Friday, February 4, 2011
B's Harpoon Whale; Stars See Stars
The other night, the B's hung on to beat the Whalers, 3-2. I actually fell asleep during the 2nd intermission of the game, missing the go ahead goals by Bergeron & Horton. But at least Horton scored. Also missed the crazy saves by Thomas to keep the B's in the lead.