Thursday, November 12, 2009

Can Bruins Avoid the Trap?


Tonight is your classic trap game. Playing a struggling, sad-sack team at home coming off two solid home wins against strong competition. This Florida team boasts what I consider the worst defensive corps in the league, much like the Lightning did last season in my opinion and how did they end up? With the #2 overall selection in this year's draft - that's where. I think the Panthers are headed for the same fate and the Bruins need to help them on their way tonight by showing up and doing what they've been doing ever since Chiarelli rattled their cages with the Kobasew/Paille moves - which is play stifling defense.

They are playing a team whose leading scorer is none other than Steve Reinprecht. He hasn't been close to leading a team in scoring since he left my hated Wisconsin Badgers and turned pro back in 2000. This is how bad this team is.

-I'm predicting a 3 point night for David Krejci who needs something to get him going. The guy has only 5 points in 15 games.
-We could see Lootch in a week - I just hope he is first-two-seasons Lootch and not first-six-games Lootch when he does lace 'em up again
-Mark Stuart is a stud and I take every opportunity to praise the guy - lock him up Chiarelli a la the Lootch and Tuukka deals

No comments:

Post a Comment