Per the usual, the NHL Awards ceremony was a poorly choreographed, awkward affair full of bad jokes, bad music, and bad acceptance speeches.
- Calder Trophy: Tyler Myers beats Duchene & Howard.
- Selke Trophy: Datsyuk wins again, beating Kesler and Jordan Staaaaaal. Wears another horrible suit, but gets the biggest laugh of the night by thanking management for paying him. Ryan Kesler in a Bruins uniform - it's gonna happen someday, folks.
- Cirque du Soleil does some dance thing for the French Canadians/gays watching the ceremony.
- Ted Lindsay Award goes to Ovechkin, beating Henrik Sedin and Cindy Crosby
- Amusing comedy bit involving Ryan/Getzlaf and their silver/gold medals.
- Jack Adams award goes to Dave Tippett (PHX) who beat Trotz & Sacco.
- Vezina Trophy: Ryan Miller beats Bryzgalov, Brodeur
- Musical performance by Shinedown. WOOF. I didn't know Penn Jillette started a band.
- Masterson Trophy won by Theodore who beat Ortmeyer and Foster.
- King Clancy Trophy goes to Shane Doan. Presented by the Army. The Army is trying to recruit corn-fed Manitoba dudes or something? Doan coaxes free agents to come to PHX. He should have mentioned the golf.
- Lady Byng: Marty St. Louis, who beat Brad Richards and Datsyuk.
- Mark Messier assface award: Cindy Crosby. Crosby slurps up to Mess, then slurps up to Stevie Y. Pretty sure that Crosby gave a post-ceremony tongue bath to Bettman.
- Olczyk & Roenick present the Norris. Crying joke is made
with JR saying that he cried because he was stuck next to Milbury for 4 hours.
- Goo Goo Dolls (I'll take Johnny Rzeznik to block) perform some song.
- Guy LaFleur presents the MVP award, makes a tired joke about hair, with Henrick Sedin beating Cindy & Ovie for the MVP.