Thursday, February 4, 2010

VOTE ON THE POLL!

I threw a new poll up on the right - vote on it - curious to see who everybody thinks is the most disappointing this year.  I excluded the guys who have missed significant amounts of time to injury like Savard and Lucic, but you could certainly make a case for them too.  In fact, you could probably list the entire roster aside from Bergeron who may be the only player to have exceeded expectations this year.

I just went with the 5 players I think have been the most disappointing.  My anti-Wheeler bias may be showing here a little too; but I think Wideman, Ryder, and Hunwick would make just about everyone's top 5.

4 comments:

  1. Bruins fan stuck in ColumbusFebruary 4, 2010 at 8:24 PM

    Wideman's the biggest dissapointment because he has the biggest gap between what was expected this season and how he's played but Hunwick is the worst D man on the ice night after night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you. Voted Wideman too. He's showing signs of coming out of it the last few games though. Hunwick is showing signs of being healthy scratched as soon as Ference and Stuart get back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bruins fan stuck in ColumbusFebruary 6, 2010 at 3:32 AM

    Yeah I can't wait for the post-Olympics. Hunwick needs to sit his ass down. In the interest of full disclosure, I do go to OSU and hate everything about OSU, but I've never had problems respecting athletes because of their awful choice in Big 10 schools in the past (ie St. Thomas of Foxboro) but I've never been sold on Hunwick. The big selling point on Hunwick in my opinion has always seemed to be that he's almost a hybrid forward/defenseman, he can jump up on the rush etc. but to me it's always seemed hes never been good enough to start at either position, and I get violently ill when he takes the ice. The blame goes around though, Ryder gets 3 million to miss the open net and Wheeler seems to have the Hal Gillness of a larger dude afraid to use his size to its full advantage. Anyways, I'm hammered but keep up the good work on the blog, and hopefully the Bs will find a way to be the reason I can justify my Center Ice purchase, as of Thursday night it's catching Ovechkin's one handed goal on the Rangers live. Keep up the good work on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bruins fan stuck in ColumbusFebruary 6, 2010 at 3:34 AM

    by the way by Hal Gilness is supposed to be like an illness but Hal Gill added on. I'm wicked fucked up so that might not make sense in the morning but take it as you will, ETA 9.5 hours until the Sedin Sisters hand the Bruins their 10th straight loss. Why do I keep watching?

    ReplyDelete