Also, pile on David Krejci's Nate Kaeding impersonation as he shanked an attempt at an empty net (with Mason down), and you just have a frustrating game. Man, I hope we pound the Senators on Saturday.
- The Wideman Freefall Express continues to accelerate, as he coughed up the puck at his own blue line to set up Columbus' first goal. The boo birds were out in force last night as the Garden not-so-faithful razzed him everytime he touched the puck. Wideman is about a $3.7M cap hit or so...it's Section 311's opinion that he will not be traded.
- Lootch dropped the gloves with Jared Boll in the 1st period. We have been wondering if Lootch was injured or something, since he had not committed an on-ice homicide since his return. Boll is no slouch when it comes to fights. Both basically dodged each other's punches and got 5 minutes each.
- Minnesota, during one of his more philosophical moments during the Chipotle t-shirt toss, noted that crowd control could be attained by the t-shirt toss. He then mused, "when I become dictator, I will control the masses via the t-shirt toss."
"WE ARE ANGRY. Wait, are those t-shirts???"
- Steve Mason. Wow, his GAA is like, 3.30 or something these days. Remember last year, his Calder Trophy year? He was insane in net, and one of the trendy picks for the Cup this year was Columbus. Yup. So were the Bruins.
- Everything in its right place: Row 12 showed up for this game, seated in Row 12 where he should be. Previous game, we had allowed this filthy peasant to sit in Row 11.