- Quietly pleased with Thomas' shutout. He didn't have to work too hard, though he did deal with 3 or 4 collisions with Flames players. I can't be a Timmy-hater even if his GAA is 5.00. Cload appreciated his mental toughness because he was on the bench the past few games. Holy shit, Cload, TT is an even bigger journeyman that you. Any guy who spends his life in minor league hockey/overseas hockey and finally breaks into the NHL at age 28 - I think "mental toughness" and resiliency are pretty much a given at that point.
- Just for shits 'n grins, let's compare the journeyman-ness of Cload & Tim Thomas. Cload, in 12 years, has played for: Oshawa Generals, Windsor Spitfires, Port Huron Flags, Salt Lake Golden Eagles, Milwaukee Admirals, Fredericton Express, Quebec Nordiques, Baltimore Skipjacks, Halifax Citadels, Kansas City Blades, Moncton Hawks. Tim Thomas, in 17 years, has played for: UVM Catamounts, HIFK Helsinki, Birmingham Bulls, Houston Aeros, Hamilton Bulldogs, Detroit Vipers, AIK Solna, Karpat, the P-Bruins, Jokerit Helsinki, Boston Bruins. Okay, maybe they're sort of equal in the bus mileage accrued. Nevermind.
- Thornton dispatched Regehr in a 3rd period fight. Wasn't much of a fight, just mostly grappling, with Thornton connecting on maybe 2 punches. But he got the takedown.
- I'm tellin' ya, Sobotka HAS to drop the gloves one of these days. He's flying around the ice, hitting folks, and it's great because he's a spaz and will take on anyone, but he's gotta answer the call one of these days...he was also 10 of 11 from the faceoff dot yesterday.
- I prescribe the following remedy for Wideman and his season-long suckage: He needs to go to a cabin in northern Ontario or something, kill a large wild animal with his bare hands, and then eat it. Maybe have that Mantracker guy chase after him, too.
- I'm warming up to the presence of Seidenberg on the blue line, maybe we can make room for him to be re-signed over the summer. TRADE HUNWICK.
Sunday, March 28, 2010
B's Extinguish Flames
Yesterday, the B's turned in one of their better efforts of the season and whupped the Flames, 5-0. Tim Thomas with the shutout. Goals by ahhhh Bergeron (off Flames' d-man skate), Krejci (kinda likea half-wrister/slappa that picked the corner on Kiipprruussooff), Chara (charging thru the slot on the PP, walked in alone and beat Kipper high blocker side), Seidenberg (looking nearly Bourque-like (that's Ray, not Rene) a one-timer from Wideman (2 assists) with Sturm screening, and Recchi diving on a shot to cap the scoring.