Wednesday, March 17, 2010

B's Tame 'Canes

5 goals. The Bruins scored 5 goals en route to a 5-2 win over Carolina last night. Goals by Recchi (tying him with Guy Lafleur in all-time goals), Krejci, Ryder (yer still on my shit list, Ryder), Bergeron, Boychuk. Tuukka in net. I have to admit, I was shocked at the goal output, despite the quality of the opponent. Then I remembered that it was Manny Legace in net.
  • Krejci was +4 last night
  • Bitz update: It appears as thought he's not getting much time down there, he's only played in 2 games. He's still 4-5-9 with 31 PIM.
  • Speaking of the Panthers, they're unveiling their "Den of Honor", including such hockey legends like Scott Mellanby, Brian Skrudland, Paul Laus, and Bill Lindsay. It's basically a weekend-long deep kiss to confederate flag hockey in south Florida. I remember Skrudland with the Habs mostly, so he can take a long walk off a short pier. Dick.
  • According to the Globe, tomorrow night's refs include the very experienced Bill McCreary and Stephen Walkom. Apparently this is to discourage any beatdowns.
  • I'm not saying I'm expecting anything tomorrow night, but I just might bring my camera "just in case". Typically, these things fizzle out early...I'm not expecting much. But there's that 0.5% chance that the fans will leap over the glass and take matters into their own hands. Plus, the Crosby-hatred will be pretty intense.
  • Pretty horrifying, seeing Bergeron take a slapper off his knee and staggering to the locker room. Supposedly, it's just a bruise and he'll be ready for battle tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment