Thursday, March 18, 2010

Nothing's Gonna Happen

Here's my prediction for tonight: Cooke accepts a challenge to fight Thornton in the first period and that's it. The Bruins then go back to playing the boring, in-nobody's-face brand of hockey we've come to know and hate this season. Michael Ryder will breathe a huge sigh of relief as soon as the wrestling match is over because then he won't have to worry about standing up for anyone anymore. He can go back to mailing in his season.

So, after Thornton wrestles with Cooke and everyone in the building realizes all the hype was for a useless wrestling match that isn't going to make Savvy's head feel any better, the boo-birds will come calling. The fans will want heads for this disgrace of a season and tonight could be the defining moment. If my prediction is correct, it may be the final game I attend this season. If I wanted to go somewhere and pay $7.25 for a beer only to end up bitter and angry at the end of the night, I might as well go see Celine Dion in concert.

Please prove me wrong Bruins! Make me want to like you guys again. Don't do anything stupid, but prove to me that you are a hockey team and not a bunch of guys collecting a paycheck.

No comments:

Post a Comment