Friday, March 19, 2010

I Told You So

I hate to say it, but things went exactly as I predicted.  The only slight difference was Thornton was able to land a couple punches on Matt Cooke instead of it being a wrestling match.  It didn't take a genius to figure out that was what would happen.  We've seen the body of work this season.  The entire crowd rose to their feet for the fight less than two minutes into the game...the next time I rose to my feet was for the mock cheer some 8 or 9 minutes into the 3rd period when our Bruins registered their 1st shot on goal of the period and only their 11th of the ENTIRE GAME!

Disgraceful.  Depressing.  Demoralizing.  Done.  I'm finished until the playoffs where I will show up to watch the Alex Ovechkin express roll over our "team".  Just a Toronto anti-fan from here on out.  Yes, this "team" is still going to make the playoffs.

To add to the misery, the damn Leafs won again last night and are threatening to climb out of their spot as 2nd worst team in the league.

No comments:

Post a Comment