Sunday, April 4, 2010

B's get a win on the road.

Last night the B's beat Toronto, 2-1 in OT. Both goals by Satan. The first one was a garbage rebound goal off of a Krejci shot. The second was a snappy tip of a Chara shot off of the shaft of his stick. Ya know, I don't know if he meant to do it, but it's a pretty fine thing to tip a shot with the shaft of your stick and not have it go wide. Satan's been strange to watch this half-season. I'd say get rid of him, but we have no one else.
  • I'm becoming a little obsessed with Sobotka's performance on faceoffs; last night he was 5 of 7 from the dot.
  • Seidenberg suffered a gash on the wrist while attempting to take his own life after watching the B's power play.
  • No production from Wheels/Ryder despite the line shuffle. The offense is simply Krejci & Bergeron. I hope opposing teams are not scouting us.
  • Currently watching the 2-hour (!) pre-game to the Sox' season opener. Boston.com posted something about the rivalry being dead or old. Dude, the rivalry was done in '04 - the only folks who give a shit about it are those reporting or broadcasting the game. All I know is that the games are usually 5+ hours long when the Sox/Yanks play. It's that whole Boston.com/Boston Globe/Red Sox/NESN circle jerk that's been put into high gear now that the season's underway. Don't get me wrong - I love the Sox, love to plop down in front of the tv every night and waste time watching the games, but I - like the rest of "Red Sox Nation" - could probably do without the constant coverage. I DO like the addition of Peter Gammons. Anyhow, the only thing that makes Sox/Yanks interesting are the donnybrooks - so let's have some HBPs tonight...shake up the tired, old ballpark, eh?
  • Wideman was on the ice for 27:34 last night. My goodness, I hope that never happens again.
  • Gotta learn your cliches:

No comments:

Post a Comment