- Steve Montador (above, pictured) was 2nd in TOI for the Sabres with 24:18.
- Saturday's matinee is on NBC I believe. NHL, still trying to win new fans from the US, showing a game featuring 2 teams from the northeast.
- The refs gave Buffalo 5 power plays and the B's penalty kill held firm.
- Admittedly, I didn't pay much attention to the 3rd period. The pushback by the B's was limited to start the 3rd...it was oh vee ay: OVA.
- Here's Cam Neely knocking Lindy Ruff to the ice in 1988. Good stuff. Wouldn't you rather see this on the Jumbrotron than, say, the helmet shuffle? "Here's a clip of one of our VPs pounding on the opponent's head coach." Then play "Battery" or something at jet-takeoff volume.
Friday, April 16, 2010
Adams Division Semifinal Game 1
Tonight the series begins, Bruins vs. Sabres at the Aud - feels like 1989 all over again. However, B's lose, 2-1. Goal by Recchi, a nice wrister off a rebound of a Chara shot. The Bruins played a good 2nd period, but that's about it. The Sabres came out hard, as you would expect, and it seems as though in the playoffs, you have to withstand that first 10 minute rush the home team usually has the in the playoffs. Vanek scored pretty early, so the momentum swung to Buffalo for the remainder of the 1st period. The 2nd period was a different story. I almost got my coveted line brawl, as there was a scrum in the corner and every player had a dance partner. No real punches were thrown. Later on in the period, ex-Hab Craig Rivet summoned his inner Canadien and killed our rally with a bomb that beat Rask high-blocker. Boston outshot Buffalo and got 1 goal. The 3rd period was mostly quiet, as the Sabres just played keep away. 6 shots for the Bruins in the 3rd, pretty weak.