The number of the beast is now 81 instead of 666.
Okay, where to start? The B's got behind again quickly on 2 goals from Buffalo. Honestly, the 1st 2 periods are a blur right now. But one of those goals was scored by league punching bag Steve Montador. Montador wears an "A" on his sweater. Lindy Ruff should be tried for war crimes for allowing him to be an alternate. That is an atrocity to the game of hockey to allow that putz to wear the "A", nevermind give him 20+ minutes of ice time. Then in the 3rd period, Krejci scores a goal, then Bergeron scores a goal. How clutch is Bergeron? DAMN. So we end up going to overtime, and it's non-stop play. Everyone was pulling their hair out because Buffalo had a lot of chances and Rask made some pretty incredible stops, as did Miller.
After watching this slo-mo, I can only be reminded of another diving play in the Stanley Cup Playoffs a few years ago:
Then, of course, we have the goal by Satan. Ryder, who has become an entirely different player in this playoff series, blows right thru the Buffalo defense and puts a tape-to-tape pass on Satan, who fakes out Miller and shoots on a virtually empty net. Scrub to 1:58 of the video below, as the it shows the entire power play.
- KNOW YOUR CHEEZ ROCK: The Garden entertainment crew lived up to their usual milquetoast, family-friendly BS and played "Don't Stop Believin'" and "Living on a Prayer" during the overtime intermission. They then played "Nut Rocker", temporarily cleansing the palate...then kicked into ah, Ferris Bueller "Twist 'n Shout" thing, to which Minnesota noted, "this is where [jumbotron entertainment] jumps the shark". Then an edited version of the classic speech by Al Pacino from Any Given Sunday.
- THERE WON'T BE BLOOD: Only 1 real fight in the game, Lootch took on Rivet. It didn't amount to much, just mostly grappling. Lootch got the helmet off, but couldn't seem to get an arm free so he could start whaling away. The game was physical (95 hits or so), but not a chippy affair from what I could see.
- POWERLESS: Buffalo's power play is 0 for 14.
- WOOF: Krejci was 6 for 19 from the faceoff dot.
- SLICE OF SOBOTKA: 8 hits tonight to lead the Bruins.