- Power play continues to be powerless, going 0 for 5.
- Hard to believe that Gaustad (78 PIM) wouldn't rumble with Thornton when Thornton wanted to.
- Sobotka tried to engage Ex-BC punk Nathan Gerbe in a fight, but the linesmen broke it up, giving each 2 mins for roughing .
- Let's say Satan gets 15 shifts a game. For 14 of those shifts, I hear Minnesota cursing under his breath because Satan is unable/unwilling to be physical or play defense. That 1 other shift, Satan usually scores. Normally, I figure you'd get rid of the guy, but seeing as how the B's have 1-20 goal scorer, I guess we can't be too choosy.
- Sobotka 6 for 11 from the faceoff dot.
- We had a pretty annoying Buffalo fan in Row 14 last night. A drunken "Let's go Buff-a-lo" chant every 30 seconds. I'm not exaggerating, either. He did start an almost entertaining chant of [clap clap clapclapclap] "DEN-NIS WIDE-MAN!" The section got into it for a few moments.
- Row 12 sat in Loge 5 last night. Our apologies to those well-heeled denizens of Loge 5. We let him out of his kennel last night and his unwashed self managed to escape and then wander into the Loge.
- Minnesota dislikes the Wisconsin Badgers ("they're rodents!") and I dislike the BC Eagles, so we're about to punch ourselves in the face over the Frozen Four matchup.
- Dave Goucher (radio play by play guy for the B's) looks like Steve Carell. Well, he did last night anyway while announcing the Bruins fans awards (Lester B. Pearson, Elizabeth Dufresne, John P. Bucyk - won by Recchi, Bergeron, Thornton).
- Last night ended Minnesota's boycott of home Bruins games. It was the first B's win he's seen in person since, yup, the Winter Classic.
Friday, April 9, 2010
Last night, the B's won, 3-1. Really slow game to develop. Goals by Satan, Wideman (no, really), Chara. I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure, that there are "Wideman Hater" t-shirts out there these days. WOW. Apparently Mike Milbury had something to say about the overall Wideman hateration during the intermissions, that the fans had to leave him alone.